Sunday 1 January 2012

Welcome 2012

 What an exhausting end to 2011. For the first time my husband and I braved the post Christmas sales! What a crazy experience!!! I was so relieved when all mispurchases (not sure if that is a word but will use it anyway) were returned and replaced.

We celebrated NYE our traditional way, with friends, family and fun! This included Nerf gun fights, Xbox 360 and lots of yummy food! I read somewhere today that the way you spend New years day is the way you will be all year. Well I am definitely going to prove this saying wrong as today was spent watching movies and relaxing with my beautiful family. I ignored the housework and all the things that I knew really had to be done (washing, dishes, mopping) so that my hubby's last days on holidays could be nice (I tend to be a nagger when I am cleaning, if I want something done it has to be right then and there). Tomorrow will be the beginning of a year of clutter free organisation....I hope.

Right here I am making my promises for 2012.
1 - Eat healthy. Change mindset so that exercise is fun. LOOSE BABY FAT!
2 - Declutter house and life.
3 - Stop stressing about small things and appreciate what I have.
4 - Have fun!!!

I hope that these promises are not too difficult to keep as I think they will be really life changing if I can keep to them.

Night all!!!

6 comments:

  1. i like that your first goal is 'eat healthy' rather than lose weight etc... it is easier when you are focusing on the health benefits rather than how 'big' other body parts are :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I noticed your comment on the Home Life Simplified blog. I am new to blogging too. I have been up for about 2.5 months. Good luck and I am sure you will love it. Look forward to following your journey. Rachel xxx

    www.redcliffestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Iyndaal and Redcliffe Style. Looking forward to sharing this journey with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Andrea... you are doing a great job with this already too!!
    So much about you resonates with me as well... I am also a trained teacher and am a Christian...
    here's to a great journey!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the idea of thinking of resolutions as promises - and your New Years Day sounds perfect to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi beck
    I read your 'about me' and thought exactly the same thing. Can't wait to share the journey with you.
    Leah
    I was going to type resolutions but I wanted to make this year different so decided to promise myself instead.

    ReplyDelete