Wednesday 28 December 2011

New year, new goals!!!

Well 2011 has just about come to a close.....thank goodness. What a year! Between having a miscarriage, my husband changing jobs, loosing my grandma, getting stuck by the floods, moving house, getting pregnant again and having my second child, this year has definitely been one to remember.

I have never blogged before and was inspired by the 'home life simplified - 52 week challange' to get started! I am so excited about this challenge and can't wait for the new year to roll over so the organising can begin.

My house is generally a tidy place but I find myself constantly having to reorganise/declutter little piles around the house that just seem to appear. My biggest failure is our home study! I have reorganised, rearranged, decluttered this little space so often and now, sitting here writing this, I notice the desk has yet again grown piles of 'stuff' so that the surface is barely seen!

By having an organised house my brain tends to be a bit less muddled up as well (I say a bit as I have had two children in the last 2 years and blame baby brain). I hope by this time next year I have achieved some small feats and become a happier, less frazzled person because of it.

Have a happy new year everyone and stay safe!

http://www.homelifesimplified.com.au/52-weeks-to-simplify-your-life-challenge/

7 comments:

  1. So excited to be your first comment! You have had a huge year and hopefully one thing will be true - 2012 will feel easier simply by contrast. The energy that went into all those challenges will now be freely available to you for YOU and your life. "Frazzled" be-gone and "ease"-appear!

    Deb @ home life simplified

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogland Andrea! Looking forward to connecting with you through the year via Deb's challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Deb and Iyndall! I am so excited about this new adventure! Hope to get to know you all better over the coming year! 2012 will definitely be a better year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good on you for beginning a blog. And thanks for visiting me. I'm looking forward to reading more of your blog this year and sharing Deb's challenge with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Andrea!
    I'm another newbie to blogging! I'm also very excited about the SYL challenge! Good Luck!
    Bobbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Andrea welcome to Bloggy World and the wonderful online support you'll receive, looking forward to the challenge with you xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Andrea, you have had a rough and busy year. And yes, those goals are probably ringing true to a lot of people out there, including myself! Where abouts do you live? (just curious about floods). We live outside Toowoomba and this is all very new to me. I'm looking forward to reading about everyones challenges and hoping to make some new friends also. I'm at http://tanyabiltoft.blogspot.com. Looking forward to sharing this challenge with you x

    ReplyDelete