Monday 23 January 2012

Life goes on in 2012!

The last two weeks have been absolutely crazy! I have not even had a chance to sit down and think about last weeks challenge yet! Am disappointed in myself for falling behind so early but it can't be helped.

Some exciting happenings in my family over the last two weeks were as follows....
My beautiful baby girl was dedicated back to God on the second Sunday in 2012. It was such a beautiful ceremony done by a special friend. We were then truly blessed to have family and friends join us for a simple lunch on such a hot day.

My sister-in-law and brother-in-law (who were ordained as officers in the Salvation Army in November) left for Bathurst after a family Christmas holiday!

My husband held his first holiday kids camp for primary aged children in our town. It was such a stressful time for him but worth every moment he sweated over it as it was a huge success. It is so nice to see him enjoying his job again and actually being acknowledge for his hard work!

Master 2 is definitely in his terrible 2 stage. Refusing to do anything that is asked of him. He has also gone backwards in his potty training. He thinks that because he has jockys on he can wee on the floor, or he is being too lazy to even go to the toilet when he is running around in his birthday suit. It is making one mummy crazy as I am constantly stepping in then cleaning up little puddles of mess everywhere I walk. (Any ideas?)  As if I don't have enough to do as Miss 3months is having teeth troubles and crying constantly and chewing on everything when she isn't feeding. On a positive note though Master 2 is finally eating food after 6months of living on cruskits, biscuits and bananas!

Sorry about the ranting but needed to get that out.

This week hubby and I have also gotten serious about loosing weight, paying off debts and getting back into routine. I am also trying to get all of the kiddies clothes that are too small sorted out. At the moment they are all just thrown into nappy boxes (and spilling out of) in no particular order. My plan is to sort into boys, girls, unisex then each size. Not sure how this will go or how I will put them away. I have a lot of girlfriends that are starting to think about having a family so don't want to throw away or give to charity just yet. Any ideas on storage??? Will post photos when I get started.

I have so many projects that I want to embark on this year, so at the moment I am looking at my diary and trying to fit them in. My project after baby clothes will be sorting out our little study/craft room so that it is an efficient space but also a haven for me let out my creative side. I have art/craft boiling through my veins at the moment. We are bringing my husbands old corner desk from his mums to our house and painting it white to give it a new lease in life. I am so excited about this as it will mean my love (pazzles inspiration) will have a place to live and room to be used!

I am also dreaming of my 10+ acres of land with my beautiful shed home on it. Believing that it will happen in the next 5 years. Trying to convince my hubby that working in the mines for a couple of years wouldn't be a bad thing (;-P).

So in the meantime I will keep dreaming and trying to save. (If that is even possible with 1 wage, a car and a personal loan to pay off?)
Looking forward to keeping you updated!

Signing off
Andrea

2 comments:

  1. No way are you allowed to feel bad or disappointed for missing/not having done a challenge post for this week! it sounds like you have had a great week and have really got some great focus points for the year ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm enjoying reading your blog. So I awarded you the Liebster Award, check it out at http://theimperfectchristianhousewife.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/sharing-love-liebster-way.html

    ReplyDelete