Friday 13 January 2012

Values - Week 2


My values define the way I live my life and the order in which I prioritise.  I don't generally do this willingly, it is mostly a subconscious thing that just happens.

This week in the 52 wk challenge we have been asked to take a look at ourselves and discover our values. Thank you so much Deb. Although most of us probably know what our core values are, who takes the time to sit down and reflect on them. I know I never have and I have surprised myself in this process to discover how strongly I feel about some of my values.

So here goes my top 5 values.
1. Faith
2. Love
3. Family
4. Passion
5. Learning/growth

#1. This value of FAITH underpins everything that I do. It defines who I am and how I live. My faith in Jesus Christ gives me the assurance of eternal purpose and life. My faith creates in me a reason for living and a reason for dieing. Without Christ in my life I do not know who I would be or if I would be. I love singing my praises to him for the provisions that he has given and continues to provide my family and I.




#2. I believe that LOVE is something that is written into our DNA when we are created. But because of my faith I am called to love my neighbors as well as myself. I truly value the love I have for both my family and friends and also the love they share with me.



 #3. I was bought up with a very strong emphasis on FAMILY. Everything we did growing up revolved around it, and it was always number 1 priority. I can now say that even though this was something I was taught, it is truly something that I value very highly. My family is everything to me (both immediate and extended). They are my best friends, councilors, advocates, advisers and critics.


#4. I am a strong believer in PASSION. Anything that I do I feel I need to give 100% to. But if I don't have a passion for it, I find it very difficult. I have many passions, some that are idle at the moment due to spending time at home with my children and others that are waiting to explode out of me. I am very passionate about memory keeping so I love photography, scrapbooking and journalling. I am also passionate about justice. Something that I hope to be able to devote some time to in the near future.
Master 2's first photo shoot

#5. Although some might say this is a cliche as I am a teacher, LEARNING/GROWTH has always been a part of me. As far back as I can remember I have enjoyed taking classes in one thing or the other. I believe learning not only makes you a stronger person, but also helps you discover who you are. At the moment I am learning more about photography as my adorable hubby has purchased me a DSLR camera for my Birthday...  SOO EXCITED!!!!!

Yet again thanks to Deb at Home Life Simplified for this challenge. It is only week 2 and I have already learnt so much about myself. I can't wait to see what next week has in store.

6 comments:

  1. this is such a beautiful list! I really loved where you wrote that love is written into our DNA... such a lovely thought!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iyndaal! Am definitely enjoying doing this. The way things pop into your mind just amaze me!

      Delete
  2. Love your post hon - and cliche or not (and i think not) i am a lifelong learner too and it is probably the thing i am most passionate about. i am true nerd!
    Deb @ home life simplified

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha Deb. I think I am a true nerd aswell!

      Delete
  3. What a great list! I'm similar in that if I don't feel passionate about something, I really struggle to give 100% Lovely to "meet" you and I look forward to reading more of your blog.

    ReplyDelete